Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yee Haw!!

So, I left a wet but sunny DC yesterday and headed into the South. Now I have been to NC a few times before for various reasons, but tomorrow I head into states that are completely new to me.

After hitting the road relatively early I made few good decisions to avoid some DC rush hour traffic and got going pretty well. After a smooth ride and some chilling at the Barnes and Noble (where I purchased Nietzsche's classic philosophical novel, Thus Spake Zarathustra after debating whether or not Sun Tzu's Art of War could be applied to rock climbing) I finally met up with my friend Liz W. whom I had not seen for several years. She was excited to see me since apparently no one (of her friends I guess) comes down to NC visiting or otherwise. We went to play disc golf at a nice course on the outskirts of the UNC-CH campus. Disc golf proved to be a great time for catching up with friends. There is a lot of time walking around chasing after your disc and it is easy to chat the whole time. I had a great time despite totally sucking for about half of the time. I am out of practice for sure. My days of disc golf proficiency are long in the past.

After disc golf we met up with Liz's boy Jared and a couple other friends to have a beer. After pre-gaming outside the Whole Foods-like store Liz, Jared and I headed over to a nice belgian beer bar place and had a quality dinner. (Goulden Carlous Triple at the pregame and GD Hercules Double IPA with dinner)

Today I am going to an auto store to try to replace my blown out radio fuse. Yep that's right blew out the fuse when the Honda needed jump start #1. Hopefully I will keep that number low. Gah, I hate that I have turned out to be so dependent on the little beep that used to let me know when I left my lights on. I have an issue with turning on my lights during the day without realizing it, and the beep helped remind me when I did it. No more and I am proving incapable of merely remembering to turn my lights off.

Alright, today I am hunting for fuses, rare beers, cheap movies and interesting photo subjects, before meeting up with Melanie after she gets off work. And then tomorrow I am off to Horse Pens 40 in Alabama. I have made the decision to skip Rocktown and I will be really pumped to try to make it back some time.

No comments: