Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oh NC, you saucy minx!



Good day today. I did some internet research in the morning and then spent some time figuring out the fuses in my car. After that I rolled over the to place BA rates as the best beer store in the Triangle area. I managed to trade some beer with one of the guys working at the store. I gave him a Hop-15 from Port Brewing and an Alpha Klaus from Three Floyds for a Sexual Chocolate from Foothills Brewing Company. There were only 500 bottle of Sexual Chocolate made so it was quite a score I think, and the guy I was trading with was very happy to get something from Port Brewing and Three Floyds which are a bit out of the way and have somewhat limit distribution scopes. A perfect trade, both sides were very pleased.

After that I went to Pep Boys to get sunglasses and more fuses for the car. While I was there I found some cheap nylon brushes for cleaning climbing holds. Then I rolled over to Umstead State Park for a short trail run (see photo).

This evening I visited with Melanie a friend from URI ultimate. We hung out at a pretty good bar in Raleigh with a bunch of her work friends. We each had an awesome soft pretzel with dipping sauce (I had spicy mustard.) and I was able to have a Bell's Two Hearted ale on draft. Quite a good beer for an American Pale Ale. Melanie and I then headed over to a place called Big Easy where armed with a buy one get one free card we each had an awesome bowl of seafood gumbo and only paid 11.25 for the two of us.

A very good day in NC, and tomorrow I head for Horse Pens 40 and my first climbing of the trip. I may not post for a while but when I do there should be plenty of climbing tales and hopefully a few photos too.

No comments: