Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jeepers!

Yup it is the annual Jeep Safari here in Moab. And the town is just overrun with Jeepers. I am back in the wonderful Mondo Cafe enjoying their wireless before Darko and I hit the road to Joe's Valley for another day or so of bouldering before he has to fly home. I can't wait to get away from all the Jeepers.

Darko and I had a good last day climbing. Not as much hard climbing as we might have hoped but we did climb some fun stuff and do a good number of pitches. This was helped by doing quite a few laps on toprope of the few climbs we did lead. This was followed up by a great campfire in our fabulous campsite by the creek. The atomoshpere at the campfire was greatly improved by the presence of our new friends from NC, Shilpa and Chelsea (who will both have to excuse me since I am sure I just spelled their names wrong). By this time Darko and I have said pretty much everything we have to say to each other. And the presence of some new friends injected new life into conversations composed largely of comfortable silences.

Well it is about time to hit the road, and as I promised earlier there will be some pictures coming once I get to LA in a couple days. I'll try to give some quick hits on the photos and not bury them in text.

No comments: