Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Surprise!



So last night Pete and I went out to search for food, and our wanderings led us to Georgetown. After we parked and walked down to the main drag we were thinking about what kind of food we'd like to eat. Pete looks around as we are crossing the street and says "hey there's pizza right over there. How's that sound?" "Sounds good to me."

So we walk into this place and the greeter asks us if we would like to be seated downstairs in the Birreria. We were like "Oh, hell yes." So as we are being led down to the bar, the guy says "we were just rated the #11 beer bar in the country" and so I ask who did the rating and he says BeerAdvocate.com. And right about then it started to feel very promising.

We get down stairs and are seated at the bar directly across from the largest cooler. They had big selection of bottles and a decent number of taps, about 12 or so including one cask beer (which was my first choice of course). Pete and I had an extremely enjoyable evening of beer and pizza. Pete has a Rochefort 8 and a Goulden Carlous Triple while I had The IPA that was on cask (I can't remember the name), a TenFidy Stout from Oscar Blues Brewing and the Duchess DeBourges (probably not spelled right) a Flanders Red. The bar tender was nice and friendly and certainly knew his beer. The pizza did not live up to the beer, but I would be willing to give it another try. We got a bread plate with roasted elephant garlic which I ate a lot of and I am guessing it was a little too much, b/c I got to smell it again this morning from a source I wouldn't have expected.

I had a nice day of tourism today in our nations capital. Took a few photos, which I will share soon. The weather was practically hot, I was wishing for shorts at one point. But now it is raining and I am heading out to meet up with Babin and Jack for dinner.

No comments: