Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Big Loop: Day 23

DAY 23

From The Big Loop


Now it's just down. I climbed Avalanche Pass in the shadow of the Sphinx Crest and emerged into the sunlight atop my final pass of the trip. Well, actually about 150'below the top, but I think I have earned some poetic license in this case.

From The Big Loop


I slept pretty well and started hiking at 6, getting here at 8:40. I've just had a double breakfast to finish my granola, and now I am ready to go down to Road's end and see if my car is still there. I have 6-9 miles left, 2-4 hours depending on trail conditions...

From The Big Loop


Made It!!! It was 9 miles and not too bad. Got to Road's End just before 12:30 under 6 hours for the 15 miles from Roaring River to Road's End. Car's here and intact. Time for food and river washing, not in that order.

From The Big Loop


Final thoughts to come early next week. Probably...

No comments: