Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back on the road!

Whoops I let a good amount of time go by there without posting anything in this space. Hope that didn't bother anyone other than Patrick. In my last post I dropped a big load of text from Maine. Since then I returned to RI for a few day before heading down to Pete's bachelor party in Washington DC. We had an awesome weekend, going rafting on the Potomac, eating big steaks, drinking good beer and going to a Nationals game. It was a damn good time and I think Pete enjoyed it quite a bit.

After the BP I rolled back up to RI and attended a kick-ass beer tasting at Track 84, RI's best Beer Bar. The highlights were Portsmouth Kate The Great, Founder's Breakfast Stout, Noggonne Dark Horizon and by far the best a 6 year old home brewed Barleywine. I brought some decent stuff myself and it was much appreciated by those who attended, but maybe not quite as much as those I mentioned.

Since then I have hung around the house not doing all that much. Trying to figure out what to do and where to go when I leave. I got to watch a lot of playoff basketball, which was awesome, especially in HD. IN the last couple days I went back up to ME with a truckload of stuff for Sarah. It was mostly stuff she and Brett wanted but Mom decided to fill it up with a lot of Sarah's stuff that Mom wanted out of her house now that Sarah had a house of her own.

This trip of course allowed Sarah and I to stop by The Portsmouth Brewery. This stop over was particularly awesome b/c I was able to get a couple pints of the cask ale that Tyler had warned me to look out for a couple weeks previously. It was a scotch
ale that they had oaked in Lagavulin casks. Ooo my, that was delicious.

And now I am in RI getting packed up and ready to head west again. So, until I go to some interesting places and take some interesting picture here are a couple tid bits to get everyone back on the blog train.

Miles from SF to RI: 3910
Miles since (ME and DC): 852
Total miles since March 1st: 12751

And now some pictures of Lilly, my sister's cute but goofy-looking dog.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

goofy-looking but awesome!! you need a shot of her tongue to get the complete Lilly experience.

(and please crop me out of that picture...yikes!!)

Evan said...

It's too late for cropping! Sorry...